Thursday, December 30, 2010

EYES SHUT TIGHT AND ... EARS WIDE OPEN

I'm experimenting again. It happened by accident as most experiments do. I was lying in bed and I couldn't get to sleep so I decided to just close my eyes and pretend that I was asleep because it was so dark I couldn't see anything anyway.
Then ... I became aware of all the sounds ... at first it was a bit scary ... the creaking floors .. the branch tapping on the window .... the leaves scraping on the roof.... but I kept listening ... eyes shut tight and ears wide open. The breeze was making the trees woosh and I could hear the wooshing coming from miles away ... like a train coming up the valley .... bringing with it all the smells of the forest . Then I realized my nose was wide awake too.
I started to sniff the familiar smell of my room .... the faint smell of camphor on my blanket .... the lavender soap on my hands .... I could even taste the mint in my toothpaste ....
Then I realized my taste buds had woken up.
It was late .... I opened one eye and saw the time..... It was after midnight... I shivered in the cool breeze and goosebumps rose all over my body.
OH NO .... My whole self was awake .... and that's when I realized that maybe that's how we are supposed to be... with all our senses wide awake. What an exciting thought ... and with that I closed my eyes and went straight to sleep. Had the most amazing dreams ... but more on that next time .... nigh nigh . luv jen xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment